Monday, June 29, 2009

Greg Firmin Remembers


"I first discovered Wally in the 1960s in those great Ballantine MAD paperbacks, I was hooked. I've just always loved his artwork. I guess my favorite stuff would be his MAD work and the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents. I'm not so much into the cluttered EC work. I prefer his 60s/70s less cluttered style but I love all his work. I was really shocked when I read that he commited suicide. I like the man as much as his artwork. I continue to be fascinated with him. Great memories and I always enjoy looking at his work. Sadly I never met him and he lived only a few miles away when he was in Van Nuys, CA but I had no idea whatsoever! Long live Wally Wood!"

If you'd like, share your own memories of Wallace Wood--the man, the artist, the legend. Email them to booksteve@aol.com and we'll continue to share memories from fans and co-workers from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment